Powerdesk 6

prince midas 14:37 12 Jan 06

Using Powerdesk 6 on my new machine when I ask it to go to Control Panel it just goes into Powerdesk and Shows the file for Control Panel and I then have to click on file Control Panel and when it goes to control panel it then asks for Add and Remove etc.
Previously when I clicked on control Panel it went straight into it. What do I have to set to make it repeat this previous action.

pj123 15:19 12 Jan 06

I have PowerDesk 6 on my computer but I don't have the problem you are describing.

I would suggest you uninstall Powerdesk 6 and then re-install it again.

pj123 11:24 13 Jan 06

Ah, do you mean when you go to My Computer or Start to get to Control Panel.

If so, when you installed PowerDesk 6 there was an option which said something like: "Do you want Powerdesk to be the default when opening My Computer" You need to take the tick out to be able to use it separately. I did the same thing myself when I installed Powerdesk 6. Unfortunately, I couldn't see anyway within Powerdesk to reverse it so I uninstalled it and then made sure I "unticked" when I did the re-install.

Simsy 12:46 13 Jan 06

you want to UNtick;

Options>Preferences>GeneralSettings, "Use PowerDesk to open My Computer and folders", which is at the botton in a box with the title "Replacec MS Explorer"

Regards,

Simsy

pj123 13:44 13 Jan 06

Thanks, Simsy. I'll remember that for the future.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…