Powercolor ATI 9600ProSE problem

Homerj1971 21:11 27 May 04

I have just put all the parts together for what I thought would be an OK machine but I have come across a problem. The graphics card I have shows a fragmented picture during POST and an unreadable picture in the BIOS. I have had to use an old PCI card to run my PC and would accept any help from anyone. I hope it is just the card but this is just a guess.
The mobo I have is an AOPEN AX4SPE Max II and the AGP voltage can be adjusted, I haven't yet tried this but is this the answer?.
Both the card and AGP slot are 8X and I was wondering if anyone has come across this before?.

OU812 15:22 30 May 04

I am no expert but from the sounds of it you have a problem with your card.

The symtoms you describe mirror what I observed with my own card (a 9600XT) after a problem fitting a after market VGA cooler.

I managed to get the card replaced under warrenty and on the returns note when the card was shipped back to the me the reason for replacement was listed as "card dead", nuff said.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…