power units

kkkoolkev 16:34 21 Nov 05

Can anyone give me any advice on replacing my power supply. I know that I have to get a atx one but does the wattage matter? The old one is a 250w do i need to get the same wattage? And are all units the same size as I dont want to replace the case thanks in advace for you help

Mr Beeline 16:41 21 Nov 05

Hi

As long as it's not a DEL, they tend to be one of the few manufacturers (the only one?) that use none ATX standard parts... then you can pretty much buy what ever one you want.

As to the power output. Assuming you have not and are not thinking about upgrading other components (and hence requiring more power) then you could buy the same wattage. Though for the difference money wise, you might as well go for something like a decent 350w.

and yes... all ATX standard PSU's should be pretty much identical in size etc. even down to where the screw holes for fixing them to the case are.

Have a look at a WEB site like click here they have a decent range.

Good luck.

kkkoolkev 17:06 21 Nov 05

nice one thats a great help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…