power unit problem

audigy 15:55 27 Jun 06

hi
this is the second time i had to return my fma 535watt psu,the problem is when i connect 4 pin connector nothing powers up,if i just connect 20 pin it powersup but no post message,i used y old seasonic 300 watt psu which worked,soe are saying that it could be compatibility issue,how true it is i havent got a clue,what could really be the casue???

Terry Brown 17:29 27 Jun 06

Have you checked to make sure the monitor cable is firmly arttached to the card and that the card is fully inserted into the motherboard. It may be worth your while to remove the monitor cable ,-- Unplug from main first-- unplug the card, blow out any dust,wipe the terminals of the card (Carefully)and re-connect to see if this makes a difference, why did you change the PSU in the first place as it seemed that it is working (If it ain't broke-don't fix it)

audigy 17:55 27 Jun 06

this is a new build pc,only problem is the 4 pin connector,i mentioned earlier i had it replaced twice,when i use the old one it works
the psu modelis enermax eg565ax-ve(g)fma 535wat

just cannot understand 20 pin works but soon as i connect the 4pin then its dead

Legolas 18:27 27 Jun 06

Just a thought some PSU,s have a voltage switch have you checked the correct voltage is selected

audigy 18:36 27 Jun 06

this doesnt require voltage switch as this is supposed to automaticaaly adjust the voltage

citadel 18:53 27 Jun 06

I can not see how it can be compatability problem. I would get a refund and get another seasonic.

audigy 21:34 27 Jun 06

i had it replaced twicei,b4 i send it back i wanted if it could be anything beside the 4 pin connector,maybe i did not setup properly i.e
ra,cpu or anything else
am going to post y pc spec
cpu: athlon 64 4000 san diego
ram: ocz 2x512mb
mobo: asus a8v(not deluxe)
hdd:seagate 300gb sataII
agp: radeon x800 xt pe
optical drive: sony dru 820a

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…