Power surge on hub Port

swanny2 17:07 05 Oct 08

hello
ive just been too connect me camera,as usual but i get a message saying Power surge ob hub port has exceeded its limit? no ideas it worked b4.
Had a option too close hardware an repair so i disconnected camera pressed repair nothing happened. only same message when i rebooted.
Any ideas any1 please.
thanks
Swanny :O)

swanny2 20:18 05 Oct 08

few months ago i had a 4 port thing put in the back of me pc becuase the 2 front ones wont work , 2 in the back do work.
Now ive plugged me keyboardan mouse in both usb Portsmmbut if i try me digi cam it wont work, ive disable the pop up sign Power surge on usb ,but it still wont work me camera.

swanny2 19:03 06 Oct 08

STILL CANT USE ME CAMERA :o(

tullie 20:15 06 Oct 08

Cant understand your thread fully,i take it that youve plugged camera into usb port,but windows doesent detect it,is that right and have you tried another device in that port?

swanny2 20:44 06 Oct 08

yes mate exactly . ive tryed me keyboard etc. they work .

tullie 20:52 06 Oct 08

What happens if you turn camera on then plug it in,any response from windows?

tullie 21:29 06 Oct 08

Have you tried it with the cameras software installed?Though you shouldent need it.Anyone else got any ideas?

swanny2 21:37 06 Oct 08

ive tryed the canera in the 4 port holes where i have mouse etc still wont work . the software is already installed.
still get the nessage power surge. when i clik on the pop up i get 5 ports unused ? an 1 has a yellow question mark saying uknown device. ? baffled lol.

tullie 21:55 06 Oct 08

Have you gone to device manager,uninstalled any reference to usb,then rebooted,windows will reinstall,im clutching at straws.

swanny2 22:28 06 Oct 08

i went 2 device mmanager but no yellow marks there went too clik on ports an all it says is communication ports 1 and 2 comm 1 comm 2 then printer por(lpt1)
tryed update drivers on them still the same.

swanny2 12:40 07 Oct 08

This is weird i had another go at trying my cmmamera in the port that the keyboard was in and it Worked.didnt work b4. ogh well upto now seems ok . thanks for help..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos