power supply replacement

stourry 09:28 09 May 03

power supply gone duff in wifes pc purchased new case complete. mb is kinetz 7b by legend QDI. mb in and no power to board not even red led on board. does anyone know if this mb supports 300w ower supply install maual says supports variable supply. os win me processor Dron 800 socket 7 board
help would be appreciated
in advance thanks

Rayuk 09:34 09 May 03

Check fuse in plug/switch on back of power supply.Board should run ok with 300w supply.
Check connector inserted into mb securely.

billyliv 13:57 09 May 03

Hi, I would be starting to think that the fault is with the motherboard. for a board not to respond to two power supplies, especially one of them new I would say was unusual. Cheers, Bill

DieSse 14:02 09 May 03

The board will be fine with a 300W PSU.

If the red light on it does not come on - either the PSU is not producing power (some or all) - or some component plugged in is pulling it down (try taking out everything) - or the board is faulty - or shorted to the case (try running it outside the case).

stourry 09:25 10 May 03

thanks for all the good advice it turned out that both the original p/supply and the one the retailer changed it for were faulty retailer fitted third supply ok
thanks everyone this service is great with people being able to ask simle and complex questions and get answers. and no one thinks it daft to post a what would seem to be s silly Q!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…