POWER SUPPLY INSTALLATION

novis 19:42 18 May 07

I have a Sony Vaio desktop which has blowm its power suppy. The technician I've consulted proposes installing a non-Sony power supply - however this will leave a small hole.

I am concerned about dust getting into the case but is this a SERIOUS WORRY?

It will take several weeks [he tells me] to receive a power supply from Sony. However, is it worth the wait - or will the proposed solution serve just as well?

Any suggestion about how to close the small holes that will result from a non-generic power supply?

Advice and suggestions, please.

Meshuga 19:49 18 May 07

You dont say where these holes will be but it should be possible to close them with a small piece of plastic of similar colour Araldited in place.

novis 19:53 18 May 07

THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTION - BUT IS IT A GOOD IDEA TO GO WITH A NON-GENERIC POWER SUPPLY?

Meshuga 20:01 18 May 07

I would think that provided it will physically fit and the voltage and output is correct I see no reason why not. It`s only function is to supply the correct current to the right places. Probably be cheaper than Sony too. Hope this helps.

Meshuga 20:02 18 May 07

I would think that provided it will physically fit and the voltage and output is correct I see no reason why not. It`s only function is to supply the correct current to the right places. Probably be cheaper than Sony too. Hope this helps.

Meshuga 20:04 18 May 07

Sorry about the duplication, jumpy finger.

novis 18:28 19 May 07

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…