power supply and graphics card

a-charmed1 11:56 08 Nov 08

Hi all,

I am wanting to upgrade the graphics card and power supply in my husband's computer as part of his Christmas presents, could you tell me if the componants i have chosen are all compatible with hi motherboard please?

His motherboard is Asus P5GD1-VM, (Intel 915G chipset, Intel LGA775 Pentium 4 CPU, Dual-Channel DDR 400, PCI Express Architecture).

The graphics card i have chosen is: Gigabyte ati hd 3870 ddr3 pci-e dvi

The power supply is: Win Power PSU 500W 20 + 24 pin ATX12V 12cm fan 2x SATA

Thanks in advance...

Joe R 13:31 08 Nov 08

a-charmed1,

the power supply is not one of the better ones, and something like the following, would be a better choice. click here

This will come with a three year warranty, and is of a far better quality than the Winpower.

What type of budget do you have for the graphics card?

MAT ALAN 13:45 08 Nov 08

I can certainly vouch for the PSU, cos i have a Hiper 580, the build quality is superb, more cables than you know what to do with, adapter cables if you need them and its nearly SILENT ....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…