AT Power Supply for Full Tower Case

Gaz W 12:52 17 Jan 03
  Gaz W 12:52 17 Jan 03

I need a replacement AT power supply for a full tower case. It's the really big type, and is L shaped. Is there anywhere I can get a brand new one?

Tog 13:07 17 Jan 03

Any particular Wattage?

Tog 13:12 17 Jan 03

I have had no dealings with any of these companies so I can't vouch for them.

click here

click here

click here

click here

Gaz W 23:33 19 Jan 03

Sorry for not replying quicker!

I am after any wattage that can cope with being used all the time, as it is in my home server (Pentium 233) and it is left on almost all the time. The power supply in the case is a huge L-shaped one. I have found sites that sell them (and there were pictures) but they are American!

I noticed that the existing power supply has Apr 1992 on it, which seems to indicate that it is quite old, which could explain why it was full of dust.

Your third link looks the most promising, although it is only 200W, and the one in mine (I think) is 235W. It also doesn't say whether it's a standard size one or a huge one like this.

Tog 07:32 20 Jan 03

SIze shouldn't matter, just the wattage. Now I know what I'm looking for I'll look elsewhere.

Gaz W 08:48 20 Jan 03

Except that I need to be able to screw it into the case using the original holes, etc.

Tog 11:04 20 Jan 03

Does it have the OEM name and model number on it?

Tog 11:15 20 Jan 03

To be going on with you could try looking for companies on the following site click here

You may find it more cost effective to replace the PSU and the case at the same time.

Gaz W 22:42 20 Jan 03

Thanks for that link. I had been trying to avoid changing the case because the motherboard is Baby AT, and very few cases support these motherboards. Also, this full tower case provides plenty of expansion space for when I install other devices to the server.

I'll try and get the manufacturer of the power supply tomorrow. I think I did a search for it once before, because I thought I would need to get a spare with it being a server, but I found then it ran smoothly so I didn't bother!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…