Power supply failure

leeposh 20:57 29 Mar 03

I have a Tiny PC, where the power supply has failed. I have considered buying just a new power supply, but am uncertain whether other components have been damaged through the failure. We know the hard drive is ok. Could anyone advise whether other components could have been damaged,and therefore is it worth the risk of just buying a new power supply or building a new computer.

graham 21:05 29 Mar 03

The simple answer is other components could have been damaged, you are the best judge of that. When it failed it 'may' have created an excess voltage. If you buy a new PSU, you can always use it when you build a new PC.

alben 21:20 29 Mar 03

My psu failed recently due to a surge on the mains ( I now have anti surge protection )I fitted a new psu and all was OK. Often it is a fuse inside the psu that blows these are usually soldered but not always, if you are handy with a soldering iron could be worth a look.

jimv7 23:39 29 Mar 03

As the majority of tiny pc's have a non-standard psu, expect to pay dearly for it.

A15 23:51 29 Mar 03

When my PSU went it wiped out 128mb memory.

DieSse 02:29 30 Mar 03

Things may or may not have been damaged. I've seen both situations. You'll never know until you try a new power supply, or check out each component individually in another system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…