//some 3rd party need geo

Power Supply

gmoc 00:12 30 Jun 03

I am repairing an AMD K6-2/500 powered computer with an unknown motherboard (manufacturers name must be on the underside and i can't see it without removing the board. Everything is OK but when I power off and then power on there is no response. To restart I have to remove the power plug and then replace it and it starts OK. I have tried another power supply and also by-passed the on/off switch but no difference. What can be wrong?

Rtus 00:27 30 Jun 03

That An AT board ? your best way of finding the Id of a board is the bios string given at boot up ..then go click here and follow the article through..

Rtus 00:30 30 Jun 03

drat i forgot to mention some of the older boards had jumpers to set for quick off /sleep etc..especially during the AT to ATX transition..

Rtus 00:31 30 Jun 03

Im off now been a long day.. Good luck..

DieSse 10:39 30 Jun 03

Try resetting the BIOS, in case something in the power settings is confused.

Otherwise i think it's likely to be a faulty motherboard - over the years I've seen several with this and similar faults.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…