//some 3rd party need geo

Power supply

linguina 16:25 21 Feb 03

How do I find out which voltage my tower can produce?

linguina 16:35 21 Feb 03

Sorry I forgot my spec.
My tower is an Aopen HX 08. The case (which I still have!) says something like 200w-230w but I went to check on the net and I found a very good review about it but the spec. says 300w. In the review picture it looks like exactly the same as my tower but I have to be 100% sure cose I want to get a new graphic card (one of the latest ones) and they require 300w at least...
Any info., please? Also, is it possible to change the power supply without changing the whole tower?

regards

chr

woodchip 16:41 21 Feb 03

You should not choose anything less than 300Watt's

jazzypop 16:56 21 Feb 03

A new power supply can be fitted to your existing case very easily if required. Just make sure that it is the same type (AT or ATX). If your case is less than 3 years old, it will almost certainly be ATX.

All PSUs have their output (power) ratings clearly marked on them, although sometimes you will have to remove the case to see the sticker with the more detailed figures.

I don't mean to be unkind, but are you sure it says 200-230W, and not 200-230V (volts)? If it says 230W, it is not a 300W supply.

Finally, if you do go for a new power supply, go for one of the new breed of 'silent' ones - this will at least help to offset the tremendous noise some of the new graphics card fans make!

click here for a good supplier that I have used myself.

Rayuk 17:32 21 Feb 03

Does it have a manufacturers name on it.
If you have had it from new it should be 300w.
They come in 300/350 or 450w power supplies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…