Power suply for dell dimension 4300

Blacki 20:24 10 Feb 06

Hi,

Power supply for the above recently went. I am looking for a replacement. I have tried Dell, but they are asking for quite a bit of money. It is used as a second pc so i don't want to spend too much.
I was told that because it is a dell, i have to buy a dell replacement, as the connectors are unique to them. Any ideas

jack 20:26 10 Feb 06

Power supplies are fairly Standard
Get a copy of MicroMart- here in are the parts resellers for all sorts of computers

Totally-braindead 20:49 10 Feb 06

Whoever told you this is correct. Dell power supplies are different, if you fitted a standard power supply to a Dell desktop the best thing that would happen is it wouldn't fire up. In the worst case scenario it would damage the system. I had a look and couldn't find any suppliers but I'm sure there are some and someone else will provide you with a link to them. In the meantime I had a look on Ebay and there are a few there at reasonable costs.

Blacki 11:59 11 Feb 06

Thxs Totally-braindead.

You confirmed what i thought. Just had a look on ebay and came across a few.

Thanks Again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…