Power Settings

STEVE71163 18:29 26 Feb 03

I installed the coral screensaver two days ago and would like to keep it as my screensaver. Unfortunately it raises my computer temperature by about 9c (From 48 to 57c) so i do not really want it on longer than about 15 minutes. In Power settings i have set the monitor to turn off after 30 minutes and also the hard disc and also got it to go into system standby after 30 minutes. Does this mean the computer will start cooling down after 30 minutes?

Many Thanks

Djohn 18:39 26 Feb 03

Yes! :o)

STEVE71163 21:19 26 Feb 03

Thanks for replying Djohn. I set the power settings as i said and it has made no difference. If you go back to the computer 2 hours later and move the mouse to get to the desktop the temperature shows 60c. Yet if i change the screensaver to something else it goes down to about 50c. I cant understand it because if the monitor and hard disc are off how can the temperature stay so high?

DieSse 21:29 26 Feb 03

If the screensaver is still running in the system - makes no difference to the work the CPU is doing whether you can see it on the monitor, or whether the HDD is running - the CPU is still working hard.

STEVE71163 21:35 26 Feb 03

Thanks DieSse. Is their any way of stopping it working in the background after a certain time apart from changing the screensaver?

woodchip 21:52 26 Feb 03

no the screen saver is still active even when monitor is switched off

woodchip 21:53 26 Feb 03

PS I cannot see the point of a screen saver if the monitor is switched off, or powers down.

STEVE71163 06:30 27 Feb 03

Thanks for the replys. I think i will change the screensaver back to something else as i dont really want my pc getting to hot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…