Power On Self Test problem

Biggeoff 10:01 12 Jan 08

During P.O.S.T. after the memory description.
The following is displayed next:

MAC ADDRESS ARE INVALID IN BOTH CMOS AND FLASH!
PRESS F1 TO RESUME

It will just stay there until F1 is pressed then it loads up windows normally.

This is a new m/b I bought today ASROCK AliveNF6G-VSTA which I going to assemble for a friend.

Anybody any ideas what I need to do to get rid of the Mac address line?

chrissul 10:05 12 Jan 08

have you tried flashing back to an official bios?

Biggeoff 10:15 12 Jan 08

No I haven't tried anything with The BIOS. The book is very vague and no mention Flashing. In fact I wouldn't know how to do it.

Biggeoff

Biggeoff 13:57 12 Jan 08

Further to previous. I have since my last response updated the bios to the most recent version and the problem is still the same unfortunately.

DieSse 15:03 12 Jan 08

This particular note is not for your specific motherboard, but there must be a similar tool (it may actually be the same tool, but I can't verify that as yet.

click here

DieSse 15:09 12 Jan 08

This particular note is not for your specific motherboard, but there must be a similar tool (it may actually be the same tool, but I can't verify that as yet.

click here

Biggeoff 15:59 12 Jan 08

Thanks for that I will check it out and see what happens. I have also sent e-mail to asrock about this , still awaiting there response.

Biggeoff 02:24 13 Jan 08

Ok I tried that and it worked fine. Only problem being finding the number on motherboard. There were three different labels with 12 digits so I took the one nearest the floppy connector and it worked. Thanks DieSse for the link. Now resolved

Biggeoff 01:00 14 Jan 08

Well it did work but when I tried to use the network or go online it kept telling me no internet connection or network available. So I tried to use the other two sets of 12 digits and re enter mac address, the first failed but the last was a good one and now network/internet is working fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now