power schemes

grs8653 08:59 18 Sep 05

Can anybody help please, i have xp home edition, in the power options properties box, i had 6 choices of power options 1: home/office desk/normal 2: portable/laptop 3:presentation 4: always on 5: minimal power management 6: max battery. The problem is that they have all dissapeared daily and the only one left is portable/laptop, and that the pc will not shut down once you have logged off. I have run adaware, spybot and avg which have found nothing.

Klof Ron 12:46 18 Sep 05

System Restore?

Stuartli 12:52 18 Sep 05

Are you referring to the power settings from the ScreenSaver tab?

grs8653 07:36 19 Sep 05

Hi klof ron tried system restore, it would not work either, its keeps saying restore incomplete.

grs8653 07:38 19 Sep 05

Hi stuartli, yes it is in screesavers

grs8653 07:47 19 Sep 05

Problem is now solved, it was a registry problem.Each time i had tried to add any of the five options eg : normal,home/office it kept adding extra files to the registry until i had about 20 files in the registry. I had to go into hkey_current_user\control panel\power cfg, and then delete the unwanted files.

Stuartli 09:35 19 Sep 05

Good to hear...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…