//some 3rd party need geo

Power schemes

Big Nate 16:04 15 Sep 05

I have a notebook computer, and in the power schemes I want to know how it should be configured. Should it be for max. battery,always on, minimal power management, etc. And then, the question is when my computer is plugged in or running on batteries, turn off monitor, turn off harddisks, and system stand-by after so many minutes or hours. I would appreciate any input into what these configurations shoud be.

Thank you

Jackcoms 16:18 15 Sep 05

You should be able to choose one scheme for when on battery and a different one when on mains.

For battery, choose to have monitor turn off, hard disk turn off and system stand-by after a few minutes each (say, 3, 5 and 10).

When on mains you can make these periods longer but I always go for stand-by, on mains, after 45 minutes.

It's really down to personal choice - but, in general, you should have the various 'turn off' points after very short intervals when on battery to extend battery life.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…