power saving mode

radhakrzx 09:46 AM 20 Jul 13

Hi All,

my PC configuration is 320GB HDD, 4GB DDR2 RAM,INTEL DG31PR mother board, CORE 2 DUO processor, LG monitor and I dont have grapics card and again if start the PC means my monitor says power saving mode,

I HAVE DONE THESE THINGS

I having removed the CPU door and cleaned inside and unpluged each wire and connected correctly and i have checked the VGA cable also by connecting to other PC it was working and i have checked with other VGA cable also no use,

SO SOMEONE COULD HELP HOW TO OVERCOME THIS PROBLEM

Chronos the 2nd 09:55 AM 20 Jul 13

Sorry but are you saying your monitor is not working?

Have you tried the monitor on another PC?

spuds 11:28 AM 20 Jul 13

are you saying that your monitor is showing 'power saving mode' or 'standby'?.

If it is, then that usually means the devices still have power to them, but are in hibernation or waiting for further working action. Some people want this, because it saves time, others might considerer this is a waste of energy and a possible safety risk?.

radhakrzx 09:06 AM 21 Jul 13

Hi, Ya I tried my monitor with anthoer CPU it worked there not only this I have removed the CMOS battery and checked and removed one off the RAM slot and checked but also no use of it.

yes I'm saying my monitor shows Power saving mode

Chronos the 2nd 11:05 AM 21 Jul 13

It looks as though you might have a problem with the video output from your PC which as you do not have a separate graphics card could mean a motherboard problem.

Can you either plug another monitor into this system or connect your TV and see if you are getting any output?

radhakrzx 16:58 PM 22 Jul 13

Hi,

Thanks for the reply

ya I have checked through connecting my cpu to another monitor with another VGA cable its showing again power saving mode and, I have checked with my SMPS also by connecting to another PC it worked there(means SMPS worked),but CPU is running how can we say that motherboard is having some problem so could you suggest any other way for this problem

Thanks for the reply Chronos

Chronos the 2nd 17:05 PM 22 Jul 13

Sorry am having trouble understanding your last post.

Did you try another monitor with this PC?

Did it work or not?

What is SMPS?

radhakrzx 17:07 PM 22 Jul 13

Hi

Could you please suggest some one off the best of the best Grapic card for the same configuration and my buget around 5000-6000INR which could be off 2GB-memory size DDR5-memory type Version

Thanks for the replies

radhakrzx 17:12 PM 22 Jul 13

Hi Chronos,

ya I tried with another monitor with mu CPU it doesn't worked it shows the same error message and SMPS is Switched Mode Power Supply

Chronos the 2nd 17:21 PM 22 Jul 13

6000INR is around £65. And you will struggle to get DDR5 for that amount.But I will have a look.

Nvidia DDR 3.

AMD DDR 5

radhakrzx 17:24 PM 22 Jul 13

Hi Chronos,

Thanks for the reply

Ok if there are any Graphic card suggest me and, In Nivida DDR3 can give me the complete details of it.

Thanks Radhakrzx

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…