Power Save then blank screen

O2 14:04 02 Sep 05

Hello there. On booting, my wife's computer seems to start but the monitor light shows green for only a split second with the message 'Power Save' followed immediately by a black screen and an orange monitor light. This followed a severe thunder storm when the computer was switched off but not unplugged! There is no 'bleep' at all on booting. There do not seem to be any loose connections externally but I haven't yet checked inside. I must say that I expect the worst, possibly a damaged CPU? Any advice would be much appreciated. Many thanks,

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:24 02 Sep 05

HDD led DVD/CD leds light up? Floppy drive lights?

Fans continue to run?

Have seen simulr roblems in the past ansd was software corruption.

Try booting from a floppy boot disk htt://click here

O2 14:27 02 Sep 05

Thanks, Fruit Bat. Sorry about lack of detail (doing this at work!). Yes, all lights and fan seem to be on. I'll try a boot disk tonight.

O2 11:55 03 Sep 05

Hello again. Tried a startup disk but no joy. In fact, a closer look reveals that the HDD and DVD drive lights show at startup but not the floppy or CD drives. Seems ominous! Thanks again for the suggestion, though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…