power problems

Rocker 08:27 20 Jan 10

hi all when i shut my pc down the power light on the front stays on so do the number lock key on the keybord it as windos vista 2 gig of ram p4 3 gig cpu microstar motherbord.can anyone help with this prob please. thanks

howard64 09:01 20 Jan 10

I turn off at the mains when I shut down. You could have a fault developing in either the psu or motherboard but if no other problems just switch off at the mains.

Rocker 20:43 20 Jan 10

i have just noticed that even if i push the power button on the front of the pc to turn it off the power light stays on so do the num lock key on the keybord

woodchip 21:22 20 Jan 10

its the way your motherboard works, no atx motherboard turns off power fully from the motherboard only removing the mains plug turns it off. that why when upgrading or doing other hardware changes, you should pull the mains plug.

ps the lights left on amount to nothing in the way off wasted power i.e money lost

woodchip 21:22 20 Jan 10

its the way your motherboard works, no atx motherboard turns off power fully from the motherboard only removing the mains plug turns it off. that why when upgrading or doing other hardware changes, you should pull the mains plug.

ps the lights left on amount to nothing in the way off wasted power i.e money lost

User-312386 23:02 20 Jan 10

It sounds like your PC is going into sleep mode! Have you changed any settings?

Rocker 00:28 21 Jan 10

i have made no changes i have only had the pc a few days i got from a computer fair its a hand bult pc

howard64 12:33 21 Jan 10

if it is going into sleep mode right click on an empty bit of the screen then properties then screen saver then click on the power button bottom right. Then advanced and see what options have been set.

woodchip 22:39 21 Jan 10

Check BIOS as you can make computer go into sleep mode when shutting down. It May be set to that in the BIOS checkout all BIOS pages for the Option, it may be in the Advanced Settings Page

Rocker 11:36 22 Jan 10

the motherbord is a micro star international p4m266-8233 bo anyone know where to download the user manual. thamks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…