Power problem when booting PC

Ex plorer 11:38 09 Dec 06

Hi I have a Dell Optiplex 110,after shutting the PC down On a night.

I leave it plugged into the power socket over night with the switch on the next day the PC wont start when I press the power button on to boot the PC

The power LED light flashes an orange colour this fault will happen even now if switched off for more than 2 min.

To start the PC, I have to switch the power of at the mains plug for 5 min and then on again then press the on button to boot the PC and it will start ok.

At times if left the PC will switch its self off if not in use and I have to again switch the power off at the wall and so on.

Ex

Jackcoms 11:47 09 Dec 06

What are your Standby and Hibernations settings?

Have you tried turning the power socket OFF overnight? Does that make a difference?

Ex plorer 12:23 09 Dec 06

Hi yes turning the power socket off overnight is no problem, it boots up if and only if you switch the PC on immediately after switching the power on at the socket.
I know my way round the BIOS but I cant find the Standby and Hibernations settings.

Technotiger 12:28 09 Dec 06

Hi, I suspect PSU on it's way out!

Jackcoms 12:30 09 Dec 06

"I cant find the Standby and Hibernations settings".

Control Panel; Appearance & Themes; Choose a screen saver; Power

Ex plorer 12:51 09 Dec 06

Hmmmm sorry I thought the settings were in the BIOS.
Its the grey cells you know dying off faster than I would like, LOL.
The monitor was set to shut down so I left that the Harddriv Standby and Hibernations I set to never.
This may be a PSU problem Technotigeras says I will change it and see.

Technotiger 13:34 09 Dec 06

Good, I see you have Green ticked this Thread - how did you resolve it; helps us to know in order to help others in the future.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…