Power Problem

Matt45 07:58 18 Feb 04

This is a wierd problem! I recently had to put a new PSU into my computer as the one which came with the computer was faulty. Now whenever I switch off the computer power seems to still be getting through. I can toggle Num Lock and Caps Lock lights on the keyboard on and off, the optical mouse light stays on and my router says that there is still activity through port 1 which is the port the computer is connected to. What could have gone wrong?!?!?!?

Jack52 16:00 18 Feb 04

I had that problem some time ago, got somebody else to fix it though!

SEASHANTY 16:09 18 Feb 04

My medion PC still supplies power to the keyboard when switched off. If you want to be sure that all power is switched off then switch the supply off at the mains plug or remove the mains input cable from the rear of the PC. The power it uses when switched off at the PC switch is negligible. Don't worry about it.

Indigo 1 19:45 18 Feb 04

Apparently there are 6 different power down options for XP. You need to check which one is in use.

explicitlyrics100 19:57 18 Feb 04

there are options that mean that power is kept to the keyboard so that keyboards work to their full potential (like a power button in the keyboard) Thus if you have this option on then it keeps power going to the components that allow power on. You might be able to turn this off in windows xp, otherwise a quick option change in the bios will stop it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…