Power Point

Wrinkly1 11:22 26 Feb 08

My Grandson complained that he could not open PPS emails and I overcame this using download from Microsoft. He is now wanting to create his own but this requires MS Office which is beyond the purse of this Grandad. Can he prepare Power Point messages in any of the "free" packages on offer ?

Totally-braindead 11:38 26 Feb 08

I don't know the answer to this but I wonder if someone can comment on this, I was thinking maybe OpenOffice can do it?

Anyone know? I don't use it myself hence I don't know the answer.

TonyM 11:39 26 Feb 08

Download OpenOffice from here...(it's completely free)

click here

It has a tool called Impress which will create presentations in the same way as PowerPoint, and you can save them in in PowerPoint format if you want.

Totally-braindead 11:43 26 Feb 08

Ah theres the answer, also as a suggestion maybe MS Works would do click here now its not got Powerpoint that I can see but it does have "The PowerPoint viewer lets you see PowerPoint presentations, like school projects and training materials, without having to install the full version of the software" so that MIGHT be enough for him.
Perhaps someone could say whether that would be ok or not.
Heres a link anyway click here

Pamy 11:44 26 Feb 08

read this click here

Wrinkly1 14:15 26 Feb 08

Thanks for the guidance, I am off to play with Open Office

Sea Urchin 17:15 26 Feb 08

Just a postscript to Totally-braindead - the Powerpoint viewer in Works is just that, and cannot be used to create presentations. But the Open Office Impress, as per TonyM and Pamy's links, is well up to the task.

Totally-braindead 17:17 26 Feb 08

Thank you for that Sea Urchin I assumed that was the case as it did describe it as a viewer.

Hope Wrinkly1 gets it sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…