Power PC lag in random moments.

lucas1112 11 Nov 13

Hi guys!

I'm having a problem with my PC. It's a powerful machine (specs at the bottom) which since about a month ago, started to experience a 2 seconds long lags every now and then. They just happen out of nowhere regardless of what I am doing.

I can call myself a very experienced PC user with command knowledge etc. (only mentioning this so you know that it's not a case of some silly error) but obviously no one knows everything so I was hoping to hear your ideas.

I did a lot of diagnostic tests such as monitoring RAM/CPU usage but nothing suspicious there. Lags also occur with loads resources left.

I boot scanned with Avast - no viruses found

Removed all crap with Spybot Search and Destroy

Cleaned registry and scanned for errors.

Defragmented all discs

Checked for unwanted startup programs - nothing suspicious

All is updated.

Kinda running out of ideas now. Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I am willing to try anything by now as I am worried that this little problem might be an indication of a more serious issue.

I am using windows 7 Professional 64 bit Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz 24 Gigs of Ram NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570

Thanks all!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Wacom Cintiq 27QHD review

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message