Power on password-help me!!

SAH 17:05 26 Jan 03

I've got a Hewlett Packard Vectra VL-410 PC at work and I'm having problems trying to set up a power on password on it.

Can anyone tell me how I'd go about doing ths please!

Lú-tzé 17:18 26 Jan 03

Do you mean putting on a password for when the PC starts?

If so, you will need to go into the BIOS - usually there will be a line on the screen saying something like "press del to enter setup".

Within that there are options for passwords.

If this is not your problem, please give more details.

SAH 17:26 26 Jan 03

Sorry, yes i did mean a password from when the PC starts.

I'll try that.

Thanks!

galatic door 13:49 27 Jan 03

Press F8 to get into the bios settings i think it is
Look for power on password or boot password

hgrock 13:57 27 Jan 03

SAH
why dan see you protecting some files but not the PCo you want to password protect on boot up a work machine, if you are sick what happens, we had that problem recently pc, anyway protection via the CMOS is a wast of time, one has only to open the case and reset the jumper to clear it

hgrock 14:05 27 Jan 03

SAH
I will resend that, my pc made a mess of it.
I was saying, why do you want to boot protect a workp-lace machine? if you are ill how will anyone else access the machine?
I can see you protecting some files but not the PC, we had that problem at work recently,the culprit had a written warning, anyway protection via the CMOS is a wast of time, one has only to open the case and reset the jumper to clear it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…