Power Management (Win XP Pro)

zarobian 08:44 09 Aug 07

Hi Folks,

My power Management is not responding. It will not switch off my Monitor at designated time.
It has worked fine for years.Now all of a sudden it stopped.
Under the Power Schemes "Turn off montor after 10 minutes is selected.Also under APM "Enable Advance Power Management is ticked.
I am not sure if MS Updates has something to do wth it.
Have tried various Restore Points. No joy. Ran SFC did not work. Did a Windows repair job ,no joy.
I am running out of ideas. Please help.

'Z'

zarobian 18:35 09 Aug 07

Thanks for the suggestions.It is CIBOX C1905 flat panel monitor and there is no specific driver for it other than Plug & Play Monitor.
As suggested I did uninstalled the plug & play montor via device manager and restarted the computer.No joy. Even the screen saver does not work. The only thing works is hibernation.
I logged on to the manufacturers site.No driver there too.
Next thing I will do to reinstalled the graphic driver. Will post back if it rectifies the problem.

'Z'

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:43 09 Aug 07

Check in the BIOS that Power management is set to Op system

zarobian 10:30 11 Aug 07

Hi there,

Using msconfig utility I have narrowed it down to startup files. Will work on it. Thanks for suggestions and ideas.Wll post back.

'Z'

Stuartli 11:25 11 Aug 07

Have you checked the Bios APCI settings?

zarobian 17:52 11 Aug 07

Problem fixed
As I posted before that I have traced the fault to start up files. This after noon I started disabling groups of files in the start up folder and finally traced the problem to PDVD Serve file in C: Program Files Cyber ….referring to Remote Control registry entry at “Windows\Current Version\Run.
This entry in fact belonged to Cyber Link Power DVD which is no longer used by me.
Uninstalling Power DVD resolved the problem.

Thank you all for your inputs.

‘Z’

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…