Power light pulsing

Pitcher 23:15 19 Apr 09

My PC is now 3 years old. I got it from Evesham & from new I had problems with it not booting. The fan would come on for a second and then all power would be lost to everything but the power light which would slowly pulse. Eventually they fixed it but on turning it on again after returning from holiday recently the same thing started happening again. I replaced the PSU and it worked fine until today when it failed again. The hard drive seems ok but I don't know if it will re-start when I next have to re-boot it. I left it unplugged for a while and it is now working (temporarily). Also my screen no longer shows the POST and just comes on with the XP 'welcome' sign, and the mouse stops working after the pc hibernates. I have not changed any BIOS settings. Appreciate any thoughts.

Bazz2000 23:20 19 Apr 09

I would say, from my experience it could be your motherboard. Its not distributing power properly and causing problems. Also there is a setting on most boards are set to hide the post by default. Because its gone back to that it could mean its lost all settings and gone back to that. Bit just a guess :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…