power lead for graphics card

  89vhassan 01:17 15 Dec 03

i have just bought a geforce fx 5600 ultra i have been told you have to connect a power lead from your PSU to the card the problem is i don't know which one is it the one that goes in to all hard drives and cd roms its a inno 3d graphics card. If i have to use the same lead that goes into my harddrive then i will have to buy a adapter please can someone help

thank you

  sil_ver 01:26 15 Dec 03

splitters are easy enough to source, your Local computer shop will probably have one or you could try click here. just make sure your PSU is up to the extra drain.

  sil_ver 01:28 15 Dec 03

looking at the spec it seems to be the same molex connector as your HDD

  hugh-265156 01:35 15 Dec 03

standard molex connector.

as above if you dont have a free molex plug available you can get splitters easily from maplins/pcworld etc.

note most graphics cards that need a external power source want a 300w psu or larger.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…