Power Up Issue

Genius1 17:08 09 Aug 06

My PC has recently had a new hard drive fitted(the old one failed). Now every time I turn on the computer, it says 'disk boot error, insert system disk and press enter'. If I turn the computer off manually and then on again everything is fine. I do this every time I turn the computer on. If I restart the computer, or wake up the computer from hibernation or standby, everything's fine. The message only appears when I turn the computer on after it being off for any length of time (seconds to days) at the mains.

Is this just one of those things or is there a fix? I'm sure I read something about this in the PCA magazine, but I would be grateful for your advice. Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:16 09 Aug 06

Reboot enter the BIOS (message on screen "Press ??? to eneter setup" ??? could be Del, Esc, F2)

In BIOS look for an entry called Quick boot (or simular) and disable it.

Save and exit (F10)

What this does is force the PC to run all the checks prior to looking for the boot files on the hard disk, this delay allows the hard disk to get up to speed.

Genius1 19:37 10 Aug 06

Fruit Bat, I will try this thank you.

Genius1 19:44 10 Aug 06

Fruit Bat, thank you. The 'expert' who fitted the new hard drive couldn't help, but once again a PCA forum member can for free! Thank you.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:32 10 Aug 06

Your welcome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5