Power Icon

Magic VI 11:49 10 Aug 03

I have a new Ionix laptop running Windows XP Pro. Multivision are very poor with their technical support - vis they do not reply.
If I check to show the power icon [Display properties];[Screen saver];[Power]; [advanced] it appears in the system tray. when I restart the icon has disappeared even though the item is still checked. I have to uncheck; apply; check and apply and it reappears - only to disappear when I restart.
Any suggestions?

sil_ver 12:54 10 Aug 03

Not familiar with Laptops but have you checked all your Power settings to see if there is a conflict with one of the settings?

Cesar 12:44 11 Aug 03

Go to start Control Panel Task Bar and Start Menu
double click and click on the customize button next to the is a drop down list box click on it and click on always show click on OK and click on Apply exit and your icon should be displayd in the tray.

Magic VI 09:24 13 Aug 03

There seems to be no conflict with power options and I have tried the task bar route without sucess. When te icon is present it shows in the 'current' list; at other times it is hide when inactive even after i have made 'always show' and restarted.
Any more ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…