Power failure

Shaun_753 14:07 21 Dec 05

My computer turned off for no reason and it seems i have no power atall now to the case unit.
I've tried changing the power lead but it still doesn't work, so all i can think of is a problem with the PSU, do these things eventually break because ive had it a good 5 years now?

stalion 14:10 21 Dec 05

power units often pack up with no warning (have you checked the fuse in the mains plug) they are not very expensive

Shaun_753 14:12 21 Dec 05

well like i said, ive changed the power lead with one i know works and it still not getting power..

freaky 16:32 21 Dec 05

Sounds as though your PSU has died - unfortunately they don't last for ever.

They are reasonably cheap to buy, and quite easy to change. Suggest you purchase one of good quality with a variable fan speed, will make your PC a lot quieter.

If you want to avoid lots of unused cables in your PC case, then you can buy modular PSU's. With these you only need to use the cables that are actually going to be used. More expensive but very tidy. I recently converted my older PC to use round cables instead of the Ribbon Cables.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…