Power DVD........... & Vista Question

hmws 08:46 18 Jun 08

Hi

I received yesterday a new Dell laptop running Windows Vista Business. When starting up laptop it displays "............... resuming Windows", is that the norm with Vista?

Secondly pre in stalled is "Power DVD DX" a DVD player/viewer. Having tested two pre recorded DVD's I had to change the format to "Chinese" from "Western Europe" and a display saying I can only do this five times. Having used it twice last night to test I am now down to three times does this mean I won't be able to use it after watching another 3 DVD's?

I haven't been able to go on the net for support yet as I hadn't loaded any Anti Virus software.

Thanks

ambra4 09:28 18 Jun 08

“Does this mean I won't be able to use it after watching another 3 DVD's?”

No that is not what it means

It means that after 2 more play the DVD is set to the region that the DVD is from so only Region 2

DVD will play

click here

ambra4 09:31 18 Jun 08

You should also download “The PC Decrapifier” which will uninstall many of the common trial

ware and annoyances software found on many of the PCs from big name OEMs

click here

FatboySlim71 11:10 18 Jun 08

Basically you have played a DVD that is from another region, for example, in the UK & europe dvd's are region 2 and so are DVD players/DVD drives in computers, now if you play a DVD from another region for example region 1 (which is USA) then the drive will only allow you to do this 5 times, if you then continue to try and play the DVD again after the last time the DVD drive will remain set on to that region, i.e. region 1 in this example.

I have a number of region 1 DVD's, how I get round the region count is I installed a program called AnyDVD, AnyDVD is primarily for removing copy protection off of DVD's so that you can backup YOUR OWN DVD's, what AnyDVD also does is it allows you to set a region (default region) that it will use when you have it running when you are doing backups, for example, it is possible to backup a region 1 disk and with the help of AnyDVD you can make the backup region 2.

AnyDVD runs in the background, if you set its default region to region 2, any disks that are played with AnyDVD running in the background will fool the DVD drive into thinking that the disk been played is infact region 2, where obviously it isn't, and as such will not deduct from the region count of your DVD drive.

I got AnyDVD from here click here

I think I paid around £35 ish for it, IMO its the best £35 I have ever spent.

hmws 20:26 19 Jun 08

thanks guys

grey george 20:39 19 Jun 08

resuming Windows would tend to suggest that the machine is hibernating rather than shuting down.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…