Power DVD

Hellflower 23:37 19 Mar 03

When I run Cyberlink system diagnostic I get the following message

Your motherboard is not using a Intel 82371xB series of chipset. We strongly recommend you install the IDE or bus master driver that comes with your motherboard and enable the DMA mode for accessing your DVD-ROM. Not enabling DMA mode or using an improper IDE driver might either degrade the performance of PowerDVD or even prevent PowerDVD from properly executing. for more information about the IDE driver, please visit the web site of your motherboard vendor.

I have an 800 AMD Athalon motherboard in a Time computer running Windows ME.

I don't really know what IDE or DMA are. I have tried to change the driver with the disc I got with the computer but the computer tells me I have the best driver.

I am finding the films I watch a bit jerky and wonder if this is the problem.

Any help greatly appreciated

woodchip 23:46 19 Mar 03

right click on my computer, choose properties click on device manager tab double click cdrom tick dma box in the box restart and check to see if it's still ticked. If it's not you will need to know what motherboard chip is for IDE and download drivers

Bacon & Eggs 00:02 20 Mar 03

I know this doen't answer the question but i've had all sorts of trouble with PowerDVD on all versions up to the latest XP one (which I now use all the time!)

If you have Win Me, then you should be able to watch DVD's through that version of Media Player i believe: update all your codecs (codecs.microsoft.com) and let rip...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5