power to drives

Tree3 15:58 03 Jun 04

i have a pc just built and the power unit works and everything but the drives dont seem to get power, the mobo gets power but not any of the drives there is no floppy drive in there ios that has got anything to do with it

scooby43 16:03 03 Jun 04

have you checked all the usual power connections to make sure you have pushed them in.

Remove the power plug from each of the drives, and check with a voltmeter that power is arriving to the plug.If it is, go into your BIOS and also Control Panel/Device Manager and make sure the drives are being recognised.

scooby43 16:10 03 Jun 04

Thats if he can get the hard drive power.

Tree3 16:19 03 Jun 04

the drives are not reconised because they have no power but the plugs are in properly and work fine, i have tried 2 power supplys and both do the same thing

scooby43 16:22 03 Jun 04

hm have you had your mobo long that could be at fault.

Tree3 16:25 03 Jun 04

the mobo was working fine the other day and i can seem to get into the bios fine with no problems, i tried reseting the bios but to no sucsess

scooby43 16:27 03 Jun 04

Just to mention sometimes the screws could be touching the case and the mobo might be shortcircuiting. Just a thought anyway as I know this can happen with mobo's.

Tree3 16:36 03 Jun 04

i found out it was an ide cable plugged in the wrong way, cheers for the help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…