power on cable does not fit m/board

tomos 18:42 15 Jul 07

bought a new case with psu as last psu died.the new case has 8 cables coming from the front of the case,reset switch,power switch e.t.c. the m/board has only one block connector.what do i do now is there a work round on this.
thanking you all in anticipation.
tomos

skidzy 18:48 15 Jul 07

Did the case have a manual tomos ? i know sounds strange.

For example,have you bought an ATX case for an ATX board ?

Also what mobo ?

SANTOS7 18:50 15 Jul 07

It will fit if you look at it closely, your PSU cable is probably 24 pin, your mobo is probably 20 pin if you plug the cable in so the, lets say, spare bit of the plug is over the top of the connector it will be fine, hope this is what you mean..

SANTOS7 18:51 15 Jul 07

Hey skidzy, hows it hangin dude..

skidzy 18:52 15 Jul 07

i think tomos is refering to the case connectors pwr/led etc though i may have misread the post :-))

User-1159794 18:52 15 Jul 07

This is not easy,I have built my PC's for years,and my biggest pain is connecting the case to the mobo.But if you have just replaced the psu,not a problem.
Ignore the block connection,have you got your mobo manual to hand?.
tell me mobo,I will look at manual and hopefully guide you,and get you PC up and running.

skidzy 18:53 15 Jul 07

Not bad SANTOS7,little down (personal things and all that) hope your ok :-))

SANTOS7 18:57 15 Jul 07

Sorry to hear that, i'm fine, sorry if i have misread the post tomos..

tomos 05:40 16 Jul 07

thanks everybody.SANTOS7 it is case connectors.i have not got any manuals or even know what make the m/board is.i bought the pc from a local dealer who is no longer around.
tomos.

User-312386 06:42 16 Jul 07

click here and install belarc and run it, it will tell you what your motherboard is.

It will be under Main Circuit Board

Also, i assume the block connector was on the old case?

If you look carefully at the case connector pins on the mobo, they are normally labelled with something like "sw switch, rset switch" etc etc

If you can tell us the mobo then we can tell you wat way round. Also can you tell us what case you bought

€dstowe 07:39 16 Jul 07

For Belarc to work the motherboard must be already installed.

Is there nothing printed/etched on the board itself that would give a clue to make and model?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac