Power button problem!

imperial4cereal 03:56 10 May 08

I just finished cleaning my comp out and now it won't turn on from the power button, but it does from the switch on the mobo. I had to unplug the power sw and reset sw etc. but Im fairly certain that their in the correct order as I wrote it down before I unplugged them. Anyone know of a possible fix? I really dont want it to be a loose wire on one of the switch heads =(

daxian 10:10 10 May 08

hi......try it the other way round

Eric10 10:44 10 May 08

The power button and the reset button are identical in operation (they are both momentary contact switches) so it won't do any harm if they the are wrong way round. If the PC doesn't start by pressing the power button see if starts when you press the reset button. If it starts from the reset button then you have got them the wrong way round. It is also possible that the power switch has developed a fault but this can easily be tested by connecting the reset button to the power switch connection at the motherboard and switching on with that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…