Power and AOL

micklemouse 19:08 08 Sep 05

I use AOL 9.0 on Windows xp sp2. Recently my computer has crashed and I gave the details on the blue screen to the tech support team at Packard Bell. Having read out the technical details of why the computer crashed i was informed that it was due to AOL's modem,, BT Voyager 105 and that the crash was a commmon issue, because the modem uses all the percentage of its' usb port or sum such thing and therefore i might consider a 'power up'. I didn't think at the time to ask what he meant by a 'power up' and am wondering what exactly he meant by this and where I could get it.. software/hardware.. shop or internet etc etc..

Regards micklemouse

VoG II 19:11 08 Sep 05

I think they probably said 'powered hub'.

Snec 19:20 08 Sep 05

It is not POWER & AOL, it is "POWER & BT Voyager 105" ..... that modem is hungry for power. Incidently so is WinXp unless you have a pretty late & powerful machine, and then even so.

Get a router: Problem? No Problem!

If you do not have the latest, fastest, machine .. then revert to WinMe or Win98.

Whatever is your power problem it has nothing to do with AOL...... I promise.

They do have problems, mind.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…