Pound Sign

freefx 10:03 19 Jan 03
  freefx 10:03 19 Jan 03

Can someone please tell me how to configure my PC so that i can type in the pound sign? When i pressed 'shift 3' i got the # sign instead od the pond sign.

OS is Windows xp pro

AMD 4 ever 10:07 19 Jan 03

Have a look in the control Panel, there should be language and regional settings>got to regional options and it should be set to UK.

Whn XP was Setup was you prompted to tell the OS where you are i.e USA or UK etc(USA Keyboard layout is default)

Gongoozler 10:08 19 Jan 03

freefx, check that on Control panel - Keyboard - Language you have English(British). If you don't , click on the "Add" button. You will probably need your operating system disk to add the new language. When you have added English(British), I find it is a good idea to remove any other languages to prevent them becoming the default again.

Gongoozler 10:10 19 Jan 03

I should have said that my suggestion is based on Windows 98se, but I think XP is very similar in this respect. AMD 4 ever is more experienced in XP, and so will be more accurate than I am.

freefx 20:52 19 Jan 03

Thanks all for your help.....sorry for late reply as i was away all day.

Beakey 16:30 16 Jan 04

With Windows XP go to 'Control Panel'
If in category view - select 'Date, Time, Language, Regional Options
If in classic view - select 'Regional and language options'
In Dialog box click on 'Language' Tab
Under 'Text Services and Input languages' click on details button
In dialog box 'Default Input Language' select English (United Kingdom) - United Kingdom from drop down menu
Click on OK.

porridge 21:37 16 Jan 04

Try putting numlock on then press alt and 156. That should give you £ all right.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…