Potential Hard Disc Trouble ?

Charlie Farnsbarns 00:14 23 Oct 05

Recently my pc refused to boot up - checking that the hard disc cables were OK by reinserting them sorted out that problem. I have just noticed a few days after this that Partition Magic 8 is showing the entire disc as being "BAD" , showing just one seemingly dataless space instead of the three partitions. (The disc is an 80GB split into 3 - The XP os, a backup and my photos) As everything is currently working fine, with no apparent data loss, should I be concerned about this being a warning that things will go pear-shaped soon. I have run windows checkdisc and this too has found no errors. Thanks for any help

DieSse 02:07 23 Oct 05

What Partition Magic is saying *must* be wrong - otherwise your system would be totally non-operational.

Totally-braindead 11:26 23 Oct 05

Have to agree with DieSse here, if partition magic says the entire drive is bad but the computer runs ok then as far as I'm concerned partition magic is wrong. To play safe, though to be honest I don't think this is necessary download the disk from the hard drive manufacturer to test the drive, most hard drive manufacturers have downloads to test their hard drives, Maxblast if the drive is a Maxtor or Seagate Disk Wizard in the case of Seagate. If you are unsure post back with the make of your hard drive and I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction for the download.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:20 23 Oct 05

Hard disk tools :-
Seatools click here
WD Data lifeguard click here
Maxblast4 click here

Charlie Farnsbarns 22:41 23 Oct 05

Thanks for your time & trouble, Ill try the Samsung website to see if there's a disc checking tool to try out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…