Potential attach from BT?! Norton Firewall 2k3

GibsonSt19 23:35 17 Feb 03

Now I understand that this is very unlikely, and that one of you gusy will have a good explanation for it, however my ikkle Norton Firewall Globe icon in the system tray keeps alerting me with it's exclamation mark.

When I perform the visual trace it tell me that someone in Bletchley is atempting to attach my 'puter, namely BT-ADSL.

I am with BTOpenworld, and have the little turtle modem sat on my desk so this is where I think the rational explanation may come in.

Any ideas? It happens every couple of minutes.

jazzypop 00:43 18 Feb 03

It's most likely the BT server checking that your connection is still live

GibsonSt19 18:41 18 Feb 03

OK, what do I need to do so that I'm not alerted everytime they check?

I'm a bit dim you see?!

Thanks

jazzypop 22:49 18 Feb 03

I'm sorry, but I don't use that particular firewall.

This response will bump it back to the top of the page - hopefully someone who does use it will be able to give you the specific assistance you need.

VoG™ 22:53 18 Feb 03

Somewhere there should be an option to "accept" or "trust" a particular site. Sorry, I'm a McAfee man myself. Presumably there is a Help in Norton?

allstar 23:41 18 Feb 03

When you get an "attack" double click on the details and it should bring up some options to determine wat the long term response should be.

I use Norton firewall, but dont get "attacked" hardly ever, in fact, I think it has only been once. This is after setting my isp server as safe.

Gaz 25 23:45 18 Feb 03

I have had an attempt from the same server even though I am not with BT.

Anyway, my firewall stopped it. So I am not bothered.

Andsome 08:49 19 Feb 03

I seem to get hacked several times most weeks. With Norton Personal Firewall 2003 it is possible to trace the scource. Most times it is from computers in Dallas, California, and Italy, and once from Melbourne. As long as the firewall does it's job I don't worry. I only check up out of curiousity. My tip is don't let it worry you, the firewall is doing it's job.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…