PostScript file viewers

duplo 17:31 12 May 04

Hi

My lecturer has decided that it would be a good idea to put all his notes in PostScript format, and then gives instructions how to view it in Linux. Great, I dont have linux at home (yet... installing it after my exams!).

Is there a viewer for windows?

Cheers and excuse me if I sound agitated!

Pesala 17:46 12 May 04

Computer science for detectives? I don't suppose you have a postscript printer either. There's probably a way around this, but why not ask for the notes as a Word document or PDF?

duplo 17:58 12 May 04

I was just hoping to view them at home on my computer. If there are no viewers I will pop into my lab tomorrow and print it on linux!

Cheers!

TomJerry 18:07 12 May 04

Here is the link: click here, you need to download GSview 4.6 & Ghostscript 8.14 click here. Used to be free, but not anymore, it will function perfectly without paying just a small nag will come up sometime.

Another way is to convert it into pdf file, use Adobe Acrobat. It is Acrobat (Std or Pro), not free Acrobat Reader.

Next time, ask your lecturer to convert it into pdf format. If he does not use M$ windows, you can tell him there are many tools in Linux which can do conversion including Ghostscript (a multi OS program).

TomJerry 00:59 13 May 04

Your lecturer teaches Physics/Mathamatics, mid-aged man, produces documents using LaTeX/TeX?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…