postmaster

peg 21:38 19 Feb 07

windows xp. oulook 6.
i keep geting email returned that i have not sent from postmaster,mailer daemon, mail delivery systems. with all sorts of diferenr addresses. is there any way to stop this and why are they coming to my email inbox.
cheers

STREETWORK 21:46 19 Feb 07

This is spam, do not reply to it, just delete it...

audeal 22:12 19 Feb 07

We all get it from time to time. I don't think anyone really knows why it happens so it is just one of those things that try our patients. Just delete it and forget it. Take note of what STREETWORK has said, he is quite right.

silverous 22:13 19 Feb 07

To explain further, it is easy to 'spoof' a sender address on email. Spammers have used your email address as the 'from' address on some spam emails, they then don't have to deal with the bounces, you do. Don't take it personally, it happens to lots of people - we get it reasonably regularly at work. As previous poster says, just delete them... Nothing you can do (other than usual rules for preventing your address from getting 'out there')

silverous 22:15 19 Feb 07

Audeal... Someone can explain - I just did, hopefully - let me knbow if it doesn't make sense.

silverous 22:16 19 Feb 07

Audeal... Someone can explain - I just did, hopefully - let me knbow if it doesn't make sense.

peg 18:24 20 Feb 07

thanks to all i will try to just ignore it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…