Posting to a Thread

woodchip 11:52 02 Jan 09

Just a question, How many times do you have to press the Refresh Button for PCA to wake up when posting to a Thread? plus I have to copy and do it again as some times it just loses its way

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:04 02 Jan 09

Usually just once.
It can be quite slow after pressing the post respone before it completes, thats why I sometimes double post if click to fast.

Sometimes it does lose its way and like you say a copy and paste is required.

mooly 12:06 02 Jan 09

This last 48hrs the site has been really slow. Logging in, then going to "my postings" takes a couple of refreshes. Not had a problem posting though !

mooly 12:54 02 Jan 09

This sometimes helps with browsing issues. Just done this now, coincidence or not but no problems logging in etc. I am running Vista.
From a command prompt (Admin rights) flush the DNS cache, whether it has anything to do with this I dont know, but it does no harm.
Type ipconfig /flushdns and press enter ( note the spaces ). Then type net stop dnscache and press enter. Then type net start dnscache and press enter.
See if that does anything.

birdface 13:15 02 Jan 09

Not had any problems today with posting to other threads but had problems a couple of days ago .

Spark6 15:20 02 Jan 09

No problem yesterday but this is the first today.

Spark6 15:21 02 Jan 09

Instant!

woodchip 15:34 02 Jan 09

Thanks for the responses looks like I will have to live with it

Pineman100 15:35 02 Jan 09

It's very odd that different people seem to experience terrible sluggishness on this site at different times.

In early December (so far as I remember) I had about two weeks of extreme sluggishness - sometimes the site wouldn't render properly at all. Then it cleared up and has been fine since.

I hope it's not my turn again for a while!

woodchip 17:36 02 Jan 09

I have the problem for ages at all times on Both Win98se and XP computers at home

woodchip 17:38 02 Jan 09

Its as if the Site goes into Sleep mode

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…