Posting screenshots

graham12 22:51 06 Nov 04

Can you please tell me how I go about posting some screenshots onto the web, do I need to get a web page and if so how do you get 1

Djohn 22:56 06 Nov 04

If they are just for temporary use to show in this forum for instance or, to other people then up load them to this site, get the link and post the link back here. click here

graham12 23:03 06 Nov 04

What I want to do is to put my screenshots onto a web page at Auran trainz so that other's can see my up coming project

powerless 23:05 06 Nov 04

Who is your ISP?

graham12 23:07 06 Nov 04

NTL is that the isp as not sure

hugh-265156 00:42 07 Nov 04

with NTL you have 50MB of free webspace and your personal webspace is found at:

http:/ / .ntlworld.com/yourusername/ (without the spaces)

to upload to your webspace you need ftp software and all you need to do is install it and input your username and and the server info 'upload.ntlworld.com' you also need to use the password you used when you signed up.

i use cuteftp Pro click here for a free trial. a basic but very functional free alternative is ftp explorer and this works very well click here

you can use the 'print screen' button on your keyboard to copy what you see on screen, paste it into 'microsoft paint' and save it as a jpeg and then upload it with either.

if you have paint shop pro or free irfanview image software installed then you have more control over the file size and can make it smaller for those on dial up to view. just like this click here

for some more info click here

tonyuk72 04:05 07 Nov 04

huggy, you've actually omitted the homepage before the .ntlworld.com in your example.

Catastrophe 06:33 07 Nov 04

Thank you for that. Here is our new kitten. We call him SCSI for short.

click here

Pesala 09:57 07 Nov 04

For screenshots, one usually finds that PNG format is smaller than JPG. As it is a lossless format, one also has none of the fuzziness associated with medium or low quality JPG images. The reason for this is that screenshots have large areas of uniform colour, which the PNG format compresses very efficiently. click here

Although this image is the same number of pixels as Huggy7's screenshot, it is only 62K instead of 248K.

However, for photos, JPG format is smaller than PNG. As a JPG the Kitten is only 110K, but as PNG it is 1,346K. Not everyone knows about the benefits of PNG so it is not as widely used as it should be.

Interesting links & comments - file for future ref.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…