Postbox is full - shed some light anyone?

pj123 15:29 13 Mar 06

Just had a telephone call from someone trying to send me an email.

They say it is being returned "Postbox is full".

I check my emails daily and delete any unwanted or non relevant emails.

I also clear my Deleted Items box daily.

I have just sent a test message to all three of my email addresses and all have been received no problem.

Apart from that I am still getting Email Notification from this site which is the email address I use most.

Would this be something wrong at their end?

Please don't all try but if perhaps the first few posters could send a test via the envelope to see if they get the same error, I would appreciate it. I'll post when to stop.

Thanks.

vinnyT 15:38 13 Mar 06

Just sent one!

Think that it must be their end if you're able to send yourself test messages with no probs.

pj123 15:52 13 Mar 06

Thanks vinnyT. Got yours OK and also the Site Notification.

Seems strange because the phone call was from a quite large Department Store. I would have thought if the problem was their end they would be having the same problem with all their emails.

Mind you they did answer my query while they were on the phone.

vinnyT 15:56 13 Mar 06

Maybe it's just one of those glitches.

woodchip 16:04 13 Mar 06

It may be your server blocking them thinking it's spam

terryf 16:04 13 Mar 06

You should try going to the webmail of your ISP, it could be that your inbox is full of cr*p or spam. My last ISP used to tag stuff as spam, move it to a spam folder on webmail but never seemed to empty it(fortunately because they tagged messages from a friend who had neglected to put in a subject as spam)

pj123 16:36 13 Mar 06

Thanks Guys. Got them all. Don't see how it can be my end. Will do as terryf says and check my webmail box.

No more emails please. Will tick as resolved shortly after checking my webmail box.

Stuartli 16:39 13 Mar 06

If it's a webmail box you may have configured your e-mail program to leave messages on the server.

If you disabled this it will prevent your mailbox filling up.

woodchip 16:39 13 Mar 06

If you do not want more from PCA put a tick in the Response sorted box

spuds 17:05 13 Mar 06

Going on woodchip's suggestion regarding spam. I recently had a problem with a fairly large council, who was having problems sending emails to certain customers. Some ISP's were rejecting the council's emails, classing the emails as spam!.

Eventually I received the information required via landline and snailmail.

pj123 17:27 13 Mar 06

Webmail says, No New, No Unread, No Trash.

So not me then. Must be the store.

As I don't appear to be having problems from anyone else will tick this as resolved now.

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5