POST not happening/no start up

destan 12:12 16 Feb 08
Answered

4 Month old system, purchased from reputable company.
OS Vista ultimate 32 Bit
Mobo Nvidia 650i Ultra
CPU E6850 duo 3 Ghz
RAM 4 Gb DDR2 800cl= 4-4-4-12
Audio creative xfi
Graphics Winfastpx8800gts 640Mb/320bit DDR3
HDD Seagate barracuda 500Gb Sata
PSU Casecom atx 500w
BIOS Pheonix D686
dvdrw x 2

Up until 2 days ago system started no problems.
It then after a restart failed to start, all fans start, psu,graphics,case,cpu and HDD spins up. LED on power button fails to light, no light from HDD, two leds on mobo, green below pci slots amber top right along from CPU. No speaker on board so no beeps to hear, never have heard post on this pc.

Disconnected ram hdd graphicscard, no different at all from start up.

I have located CMOS jumper but have not tried this.

Have read other threads and have contacted the manufacturer but does anyone have a quick fix,
Many thanks for your expected assisatance

birdface 12:24 16 Feb 08

Bad Vista Microsoft update on Tuesday.A lot of folk having problems with it.If you scroll down the page you will find a few with the same problem.

birdface 12:32 16 Feb 08

It will still be under the one year Warranty.If you cannot get it fixed you can take it back to where you got it for them to repair.I suppose the manufacturer offered to repair it for you as there were no quick fix for it.I presume that it will not start in safe mode either.

cream. 13:08 16 Feb 08

Clear the cmos, via the jumper and put it back into the run position.

It's not going to hurt the computer and it may get it going.

If it's like any of the other problems via the microsoft updates, you may have to re-install windows.

You could tell your dealer that it has stopped working but be truthfull and say it was after a windows update.

destan 14:05 16 Feb 08

I tried the jumper, however the system does not run post nor get anywhere near an output to the monitor so unable to try to get into bios. Even with the OS disc, nothing happens.
Thanks for your support sofar, I now wait on the manufacturers reply on Monday.

DieSse 15:13 16 Feb 08
Answer

If it won't even get to the POST - it cannot be a Vista(or any other) software problem. It's a hardware issue - so wait for your suppliers response.

woodchip 15:45 16 Feb 08

Take it back it's a hardware problem

destan 21:24 29 Feb 08

Thanks guys, just got my pc back. Motherboard cooked. Mobo Nvidia 650i Ultra replaced with
Asus P5K SE, similar but what do you guys reckon on the mobo, any good?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos