Post Firefox Update - Problem

johndrew 10:26 25 Feb 07

The latest Firefox update installed itself yesterday and since that point I have been unable to Log on to this site at the Welcome screen until I type my details in. I can also Log on at the Registration screen where my details are held by PCA.

Firefox saved my details before but has not offered to save again.

When I look at the Mozilla Firefox folder in Program Files I notice that I now have a number of duplicated (apparently) files eg Components and Components (2), defaults and defaults(2), greprefs and greprefs(2) etc. Is this normal?

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

johndrew 10:29 25 Feb 07

I just tried another site I`m registered with and that no longer works either.

Cymro. 10:35 25 Feb 07

I have also taken yesterdays FF update but have noticed no difference in the performance of my system.

Gongoozler 10:46 25 Feb 07

Cymro, the update was mainly to fix security issues and give wider language support click here, so I doubt that many users will notice the difference.
johndrew, no you shouldn't have the duplicate files, so it looks like your update actually installed itself as a second Firefox installation rather than as an update. I think it would be best for you to uninstall and then reinstall Firefox. You may also need to delete and rebuild your profile. Have a look in C:\Documents and Settings\{your account}\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles, and see if you have more than one profile.

J B 11:05 25 Feb 07

The one thing that I have noticed is that on the F/F start page there is no option to do a UK search only. Anyone know where it went? J.B.

Gongoozler 11:08 25 Feb 07

My start page is click here. It has the UK option, but Google tend to change it occasionally

johndrew 11:36 25 Feb 07

Thanks for the advice.

I do have two files in my Profiles folder. Both are identified as `default` one is 19.6MB and the other 334KB. Could it be the smaller was installed yesterday?

Should I save one or both Profiles elsewhere or will they be saved along with extensions and bookmarks? I would prefer not to lose all of the setup I currently have.

Stuartli 11:42 25 Feb 07

Linking to Google always goes to the UK page - even if you type in google.com it will do so and that includes IE.

sunny staines 16:22 25 Feb 07

i had problems had to restart the pc before i could get an internet conection. also ran a registry program to fix a few probs one was giving this site dark blue pages instead of grey all now fixed.

uesquebeathus 16:25 25 Feb 07

I must be blessed as everything worked as good as gold pity about brain lag though.

johndrew 18:09 25 Feb 07

I still have a problem. See my Sun, [email protected]:36.

Glad others are OK though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…