POST fail; is it memory compatability?

kevb99 20:17 22 May 13

Hi, I building a very cheap system from ebay parts and struggling to get it to boot. Basics of parts are; Asus Crosshair AM2 MB with an athlon 64x2 6000 cpu Integral 2x2gb DDR2-800 RAM (link is to a pdf of spec) ATI Radeon HD 2900gt GPU BeQuiet L7 630w PSU Seagate SATA 7200 HDD

The rear panel LCD says 'DET DRAM'; according to the manual this means 'Detect memory -auto detection of DRAM size type and ECC -auto detection of L2 cache (socket 7 or below) The 'beeps' are also 1 long, 2 short, meaning a graphics card issue? I've re-checked RAM is installed correctly, reset CMOS via on-board button and removed CMOS battery for a bit to see if t resets and will work. Any other suggestions or experience gratefully received; is the memory compatible with this board. Hopefully the parts were working as described

1: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/CROSSHAIR/#specifications "Crosshair"

Chronos the 2nd 08:19 23 May 13

Why are you messing about with the RAM when the POST beeps indicate an issue with your GPU. Do you have another GPU you can try?

kevb99 13:01 23 May 13

Not that will fit this board, but i'll try it in the alternative PCIe slot

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Why upgrade to Windows 10? Is Windows 10 good? The pros and cons of!…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nvidia’s new Quadro P6000 is the most powerful graphics card in the world

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features, including new features…