Post beeb then pc shuts down

Hi all,
After getting to the post beeb, my pc decides it's not coming out to play. I've tried exchanging the memory, swapping the floppy, disconnecting the HDD and the CD-ROM but the same thing every time. The only thing I can't swap (cuz I've not got one) is the power supply - oh, and for the same reason, the cpu as well.
It's a 1.8Ghz, 256ram, 20gig hdd desktop unit that's about 18months old. Any ideas??

Thanks in advance Wobble

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:49 05 May 05

Try clearing the BIOS and setting it to defaut values then see if it will boot.

howard60 20:53 05 May 05

try unplugging all cables from the mobo except the power supply. Remove all cards from slots and leave just 1 strip of memory in. Start up and you should get beeps but it stays on. If so switch off and put the video card back in. If it now starts up and stays on but cant find an operating system you now know it was either the hdd or floppy or cd causing the prob. Add each in turn until the prob reappears.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…