possible worm virus message from AVG Client

Seansan5 21:33 31 Aug 07

My office uses AVG Client, and on one employee's computer, he keeps getting a pop up message from AVG saying:

"Threat Detected while opening C:\Windows\System32\kbdkoic.dll
Trojan horse BackDoor.Agent.BA"

The warning pops up whenever opening any file or program, and when you select either "heal" or "move to vault," it says "Requested action is not available for this object. Access to the file has been denied." When you either hit "ignore" or close the window, it pops up again three or four times.

I ran Adaware and saw no change. Since kbdkoic.dll brought up nothing on Google, and when I try to delete it manually it tells me that access is denied, I assumed it's not a real .dll. While trying to delete the file in Safe Mode, I could not find it. I also ran RegSeeker to see if it would fix this, but it did not.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would very much appreciate them!

VoG II 21:36 31 Aug 07

Try a-squared free - click here

Seansan5 00:19 01 Sep 07

Installed and run, still didn't stop it. Any more ideas anyone?

Jak_1 03:20 01 Sep 07

Sounds like the trojan may be in the system restore files or is associated with another file. Try running avg in safe mode first before turning off sys restore. If that works then fine if not then you may need to turn off sys restore then go into safe mode and run avg. It would also be worth going to:
click here and checking their virus encyclopaedia for removal info.

birdface 09:21 01 Sep 07

Googled.click here

birdface 12:08 01 Sep 07

Spyware Doctor does say it can delete it.But I think it costs about 29 dollars.You can run the scan and see if it finds it,But then i think that you have to purchace it to delete it.click here

badhair1963 20:47 01 Sep 07

This might help you: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5